English Essay Topics: Top 23 Questions You Can Investigate
Getting ready to write an English essay? Topic selection can be tedious because there are so many to choose from. Sometimes the teacher may give some direction but often you are on your own to decide what to write about. In either case, narrowing down your idea to a topic that will work for you can take considerable effort. Check out this website for essay writing help; it is a great resource for students.
The following list of 23 ideas can give you a starting point. Look carefully over each one; they can be used as is or you can tweak them to match your own interests.
- Have you ever had an unusual experience on a city bus or a subway train?
- What was the result of leaving a food item too long in your refrigerator?
- What are the consequences of knocking over and breaking a flower vase?
- What can you learn about the people around you in a doctor’s waiting room?
- What is an experience you’ve had with a labor-saving device: was it more trouble than it was worth?
- What is an embarrassing experience you’ve had?
- Have you ever been humiliated in front of a crowd of people?
- What is an encounter that changed your life?
- What’s the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
- Have you travelled to a tropical paradise and would you want to live there?
- Have you ever had a premonition that something was going to happen and then it did happen?
- How does a toilet work?
- How do you succeed in college and still have a social life?
- How can you stop smoking and make it last?
- How can you overcome insomnia and get a better sleep at night?
- How can you get along with almost anybody without giving up your identity?
- Is it possible to bathe a cat?
- What is the best way to make friends and influence those around you?
- How can you develop more confidence in yourself?
- Is it possible to give yourself a good haircut?
- How can you save money while living on a tight budget?
- How can you overcome laziness?
- Is it possible to overcome procrastination?
Your reader can tell if you found your own topic to be exciting or boring; it comes out in your words. Therefore it’s crucial to choose a topic you are interested in.